Sign in to follow this  
w3bbo

Mere Moor Fisheries - Barthomley (Crewe)

meremore.thumb.PNG.31d58dd414e22d225034bff0605a22ad.PNGIMG_0562.thumb.JPG.2c2b8f61a07ccd0c287b8b5f209e9672.JPG

Situated just outside Crewe/Alsager this little venue has a couple of match lakes, a trout lake and a specimen lake. It doesn't look to be a very mature venue as there is only basic shrubbery around the lakes. The drive in is via a gravel/ballast track which will be suitable for all vehicles. Disabled access is great with parking spaces right next to the lake area with relevantly even ground throughout. 

I gave the specimen lake a try out and was impressed by the size of the fish. I pulled out a 21lb Mirror within a couple of hours however despite my best efforts no more were landed, most likely due to the heat as it was 30c! The carp run up to 29lb as of posting so a decent size and a bonus is there didn't appear to be too many bream/nuisance fish around. There were loads of carp cruising on top, every one of them into double figure weight so I have no reason to doubt the claimed top fish weight.

The bailiffs are friendly who offer some good advice and the owner (Phyliss) who comes to collect your fee is friendly and approachable. 24 hour sessions are available for £25 but it is advisable to book for weekends/bank holidays as it does get busy.

Price:

Match/Trout lakes - £5
Specimen lake - £10 day +£15 night (£25 - 24hr)

CW2 5NT (next to railway bridge)

Rules:

The usual for specimen carp lakes+

Barbless hooks only
No Surface Fishing
No Leadcore
No fixed leads